When you want to join a nursing school, there are a number of requirements that you need to fulfill that will ensure your application is accepted. You have to know what entrance exams need to be done, what is needed in an application and it is also advisable to ask for advice from people who applied successfully to further increase your chance of acceptance.
The nursing school prerequisites for undergraduate courses
If you would like to join a nursing school then you have to do the following.
- First you have to complete your application and the federal student aid (FAFSA) application then submit the two before their respective deadlines.
- You have to include all the necessary transcripts and documentation needed in the application to avoid disqualification of your application.
- You need to have at least a high school diploma or a GED and you also need to have completed the necessary exams like the Nursing School Entrance Exam
- If you know of any applicable scholarships or grant then it is important for you to apply for them
- Finally you have to meet all GPA requirements when applying.
When completing your nursing application you have to be extra careful and avoid any errors to ensure that your application is considered. You need to attend any informational sources and nursing workshops so as to get tips on the best method of application. The students are mostly considered on basis of their application for most schools lack interviewing facilities as such you will have to give a very good application. Many nursing schools prefer students with average scores in math and sciences.
The main nursing school entrance exams include
- The Pre-Admission Exam for RN students that is offered by the National League for Nursing (NLN).
- The Test of Essential Academic Skills
- The Nurse Entrance Test
- Health Education Systems, Inc. (HESI) exam
The nursing school prerequisites for graduate courses
After completing your undergraduate degree you may choose to advance your studies by taking one of the masters nursing programs available. You can choose either a distance learning or online program that is suitable. Such programs have really helped students who live far from nursing institutions.
For you to qualify for a masters program then you have to
- Have a BSN degree from an accredited nursing school, or just a Bachelors degree from related field
- You also need to have a registered nurse’s license
- You also have to complete the application and submit it together with all necessary transcripts and documents before the deadline of application.
- You also have to include any letters of recommendation together with the application fee
- You also have to give the area you want to specialize in
In order for you to get a position at a very respectable nursing school then you have to give a very solid application and also have a very good academic record. You can only achieve this by fulfilling all the requirements in the application form.